Friday, August 3, 2012

People Must Be Hungry to Know


I have been slowly copy-editing a piece of work for years.  One book I often need to reference in order to check a sited source is The Biggest Secret: the Book That Will Change the World by David Icke.  Since I loaned my personal copy to a work mate back in 2002, and have been unable to get it back, I have recently been resorting to getting the exact edition from a Los Angeles County Library.

I was shocked to see six titles available for Icke within their system ─ two of them being an old and a newer edition of The Biggest Secret.  Wow, the general public does not mind books like these on their shelves?  The LA County Library actually has two books about the Reptilians?  Surely this book is a bit shocking for someone who has not actually seen a human change into a reptile.  For authors like Icke to finally be in libraries, there must be people out there who are truly hungry to know more these days.

From time to time, I have to renew the book.  No problem.  No-one would be waiting for a book that discusses politicians as influenced by other-worldy happenings, humans as influenced by symbols, and Princess Diana’s murder, for cryin’ out loud.  I tried to renew the Icke book, and to my amazement, someone is waiting for it!  What?  The public is curious about it?  Most people I know who investigate these topics have a home library full books and they do not rely on libraries.  Perhaps more average citizens are becoming hungry to simply know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment