Thursday, April 23, 2015

Letter to Each Senator to vote in April


Dear Ms. Jackson,

I am writing to ask you to vote no on SB 277.  If you are considering voting yes, I invite you to listen to me.

SB 277:

Removes California’s citizen’s right to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) It is inappropriate to establish legislation that forces us to educate our children and then turns around and makes it conditional.

Under the Individuals with Disabilities Act, students are guaranteed a Free and Appropriate Public Education to carry out their Individual Education Plan (IEP) until the age of 22

Violates medical ethics, (as written in Opinion 8.08 of the American Medical Association).  How is it ethical for the leaders of California to force us to have medical procedures?  Whether you have studied medicine or not, I did not hire you to make my medical decisions for me.

Segregation issue: SB277 will segregate an entire class of children which is unconstitutional, especially since there are protections in place for students with HIV and HepB. To separate is inherently not equal (Brown v. Board of Education).  The camps made for Jews and non-Nazis comes to mind.  If you vote yes on SB 277, you are supporting dividing the population.

Violates the "equal protection clause" of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Removes freedom of religion, (as declared by the California Constitution Declaration of Rights, Article 1, Section 4).  I would appreciate believing I am free to choose whether I place crap in my temple (body), or not.  It is not for SB 277 to decide, thank-you very much!

I live in California; therefore, your vote matters to me.  Please support our freedom to choose our own medical procedures. 

Thank-you.

Bright Day Thoughts,

Debbie Allsup

No comments:

Post a Comment