Monday, December 6, 2021

Department of State Denies a National a Passport

It is time to invite you into an unfolding drama with the Department of State and what I perceive as discrimination.

In September, a South African-born naturalized US citizen entered a post office and submitted her passport card and book application and an affidavit stating evidence of citizenship.  (People in the “becoming a national” movement have uncovered that within the Department of State, the affidavit stating you are changing your status to US national, which aligns you with State citizenship, is called “Citizenship Evidence.”) This woman received a phone call saying that they do not have passports for US Nationals and something about a naturalized citizen not being a US national.  The following are correspondences with the Department of State and her and the Inspector General’s Office.

 

October 4, 2021

 

Secretary of State

Department of State

2201 C St NW,

Washington, DC 20520

 

Dear Secretary of State Blinken,

The Department of State reached out to me two weeks ago to inform me that I could not be a National.  I am not identifying as a non-citizen Samoan.  I am able to choose my status.  I choose to be a National.  The Department of State is holding my affidavit, my citizenship evidence.  I am already a National with Constitutionally protected Rights just by that department holding that paper.  In fact, the second I received my receipt for my passport from the postal worker, since my affidavit had been received, I have been a National.

You have already accepted me as a citizen naturalized under the Fourteenth Amendment.   It says in your policy statement that when I am that (a US citizen), I am automatically the other (a US National).  Are you discriminating against me?  Is this blatant discrimination from a government agency—the Department of State—on my political status, which is my choice, not yours?  Are you assuming the position of tyrant?  Are you obstructing my Law of Nations Rights to choose my political status?  It is not the Department of State’s choice.  It is my choice.  If you are telling me that I can’t be a US National, you—in your designated, authoritative, administrative position—are acting as a tyrant.

Please see the Certificate of Non-Citizenship Nationality policy statement below. (The Samoan part, the "small number of persons acquire U.S. nationality without becoming U.S. citizens" is not the part of below to which I am drawing your attention.) “As defined by the INA, all U.S. citizens are U.S. nationals but only a relatively small number of persons acquire U.S. nationality without becoming U.S. citizens. Section 101(a)(21) of the INA defines the term ‘national’ as ‘a person owing permanent allegiance to a state.’ Section 101(a)(22) of the INA provides that the term ‘national of the United States’ includes all U.S. citizens as well as persons who, though not citizens of the United States, owe permanent allegiance to the United States (non-citizen nationals).”

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Certificates-Non-Citizen-Nationality.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/Advice-about-Possible-Loss-of-US-Nationality-Dual-Nationality/Dual-Nationality.html

With the chips in the passport books and cards, the Department of State could demonstrate that my God-given Rights are Constitutionally protected, that I am not identifying as a US Citizen under the Fourteenth Amendment; however, you do not have to show I am a National on the passport.   But as said in 1835, “It [a passport] is a document which, from its nature and object, is addressed to foreign powers; purporting to only be a request that the bearer of it may pass safely and freely, and it is to be considered rather in the character of a political document, by which the bearer is recognized in foreign countries as an American citizen(sic), and which, by usage and the law of nations, is received as evidence of that fact. But this is a very different light from that in which it is to be viewed in a court of justice where the inquiry is as to the fact of citizenship.  It is a mere ex parte certificate; and, if founded upon any evidence produced to the Secretary of State establishing the fact of citizenship, that evidence, if of a character admissible in a court of justice, ought to be produced upon the trial as higher and better evidence of the fact..." [Urtetiqi v. D'Arbel, 9 Peters 692 (1835)


Just be certain that you have my affidavit firmly placed in my administrative file and process my passport application.  If there is a problem, I wish to exhaust my administrative remedies.  The paperwork in my administrative file is important and is admissible in a court of law.  Please place this correspondence firmly in my administrative file, as well.  Thank-you. 

Sincerely,

 

 November 9, 2021

 

 

Secretary of State Blinken

Department of State

2201 C Street NW,

Washington, DC 20520

 

 

To Secretary of State Blinken:

The Department of State cashed my passport application fee on September 3, 2021. I have been in touch with workers in the passport division and written you a letter. I still have heard nothing.

Further, I paid an extra fee for expediting my passport.  Family members received theirs in a timely manner while your department consciously chose to holdup my application.  I had an international flight scheduled and was assured I would have my passport (whether old or new) in time, but that did not happen.

Please see to it that I receive my new passport book and card soon.  Thank-you.

Please place this letter firmly in my administrative file.

 

Sincerely,

Written on that same day was a letter to the South African from the Department of State.





The second last sentence says, “Based on the information submitted, you are a U. S. citizen and your application for a U. S., passport as a national is denied.”  This proves that there is such a thing as a passport for a US national. 

 

 

November 16, 2021

 

 

United States Department of State

Passport Agency

PO Box 

 

Dear Ms.,

As I stated in my letter of October which I had requested to be placed in my administrative file and is obviously a letter you have not read, I will restate a very important point.  I am not identifying as a non-citizen Samoan.  You read my proof and interpreted it as if I am claiming to be a Samoan national non-citizen when in my letter, which I am resending, my stance is very clear.  I am able to choose my status.  I choose to be a National.  The Department of State is holding my affidavit, my citizenship evidence as it is called by the Department of State.  I am already a National with Constitutionally protected Rights just by your department holding that paper.  In fact, the second I received my receipt for my passport from the postal worker—since my affidavit had been received—I have been a National.  As I have said before, you do not get to decide my status and I do not need a passport in order for it to be true. 

As for returning my passport and naturalization certificate, thank-you.  Now please issue me my new passport and card since I purchased them, and my paperwork was in order.  I said that my intention was to be a national not a citizen under the scope and purview of the 14th Amendment, which is permitted language in an affidavit.  You say that I cannot identify as a US National when you accepted my son doing the same process and using the same words that I chose.  With me, you misunderstood what I wrote.  Now, perhaps I should have been clearer as this: "I, Charleen Beatrice Hillebrand, being duly sworn, hereby declare my intention to be a national of the United States of America but not a citizen of the federal UNITED STATES under the scope and purview of the 14th Amendment.”  The reality though, is that you accepted my son while denying me.  Are you discriminating against me because I was born in South Africa?

As it says on State.gov, “The United States seeks opportunities for increased U.S.-South African cooperation on regional and international issues.”  So why are you discriminating against me when my son, Australian-born, used the same format and became a national?  (We have a paper from the Department of State to my son that says “US nationals” when in reference to him as proof when we move on to exhausting my remedies with this issue.)

Vattel’s Law states “Every man has the right of personal political self-determination.” According to Section 308 on Travel.state.gov,  “As defined by the INA, all U.S. citizens are U.S. nationals but only a relatively small number of persons acquire U.S. nationality without becoming U.S. citizens.” Section 101(a)(21) of the INA defines the term ‘national’ as “a person owing permanent allegiance to a state.” Section 101(a)(22) of the INA provides that the term ‘national of the United States’ includes “all U.S. citizens as well as persons who, though not citizens of the United States, owe permanent allegiance to the United States (non-citizen nationals).”  As a US national, I am a State citizen.  It is not acceptable that you play God and state that this is over sorry no refund.  I have asked repeatedly to those who called and in the letter that I sent for my administrative remedies to be exhausted, and they have not been.  What is the next step to exhaust my administrative remedies? 

I sent this correspondence certified.  I also have included the letter I sent in October.  I also have sent the letter that you sent to me to Mr. Blinken certified with a green card to be signed, along with this that you have received.  Please place all of this firmly in my administrative file.

 

Looking forward to hearing from you in a timely manner.  Thank-you.

 

Sincerely,

 

The next correspondences were sent certified with green cards taxe percue, meaning her signature was the stamp that got cancelled.

6 December 2021

 

Secretary of State Blinken

Department of State

2201 C St NW,

Washington, DC 20520

 

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear Secretary Blinken:

The purpose of this letter is to request information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C., section 552.  Please provide me with a copy of every item in my administrative file.

·       My affidavit of citizenship evidence stating that I am a US National

·       My correspondences with your office

·       The envelope this request came in

·       Notes made by your department

 

As provided for by section 552(a)6(A)(i) of the Freedom of Information Act, please provide your reply within twenty (20) business days.  Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

 

Please place this letter and the envelope in my administrative file.  Thank you.

 

 

Sincerely,

(She signed her name in red, because we are trying to make the letter and envelope the court since nationals cannot step foot into a fiction.  In both these last two letters, she signed the back in red.)

6 DEC 2021

Dear Ms. Shaw:

I am writing to request you to look into discrimination that I am receiving from the Department of State.  The only full names that I have in our months-long correspondence is Heather B. McHugh and of course Secretary of State Blinken.

I sent in an affidavit stating that I am a US National, which they received.  Though my naturalized children (both born in Australia) received passports and cards when doing the same, I was denied a passport and card and given no refund.

I did not renounce citizenship.  I identify as national, which any citizen may do.  I have no recordings of the phone calls, but please read the letters that have gone back and forth and help me to get them to understand that they cannot decide my status, and that they need to issue me my passport and card.  Thank you. 

I request that you place this whole communication firmly and permanently in my administrative file including the envelope.  Thank you.

Your site states, “We promote diversity in the workplace and treat people with dignity and respect.”  I feel that because I was born in South Africa, I am not being treated with respect.  Your site also claims the “Offices of Inspectors General (OIGs) serve a critical role in accountability and transparency in Government.”  Please hold those at the Department of State accountable.  Thank-you.

 

Sincerely,

(She signed her name in red.  All these letters you have read here were sent to Ms. Shaw.  The lady signed the back of each paper in red.  On this actual letter and Blinken’s sent on Dec 6, a On Her Majesty sticker like what is used to send the post was placed on the backs and dated in blue.  Again, we are holding in consciousness that what we have done makes the correspondence the court.  We know that not hearing from agents of the government is their norm.  If they respond and in a timely fashion, then we finally figured out their “code.”)





I suppose with no stamp, even though it was sent certified with a green card that it confused them.  It took 9 days to get there!

Their reply February 3, 2022...

The national's next move...

Appeals Officer

Office of Information Programs and Services

US Department of State

2201 C Street, NW, Room B266,

Washington, DC 20520-0000

 

 Dear Appeals Officer:

 In my letter to the Department of State, I requested a copy of the information in my administrative file.  All information.  If an administrative file was not created for me, I expected them to admit it.  I have been having a back and forth with Ms. McHugh and wanted each permanently and securely placed my file.  I asked to see a copy of the affidavit of citizenship where I declared a status change, the correspondences with McHugh, and the envelope that I sent correspondence in, and any notes the Department of State may have made and placed there.  My affidavit was sent in with my passport application to this department.  It is this department with which I am in conflict over that passport.

 

They have referred me to the USCI.  It is the Department of State that calls a status change “citizenship evidence,” and it is related to the passport.  8 FAM 505.2-1 Endorsement Code Procedures and 8 FAM 505.2-2 LIST OF CURRENT ENDORSEMENTS are codes within the passport that show status.  09, for example, may refer to a Samoan non-citizen who is called a national. https://fam.state.gov/FAM/08

FAM/08FAM050502.html, but according to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Certificates-Non-Citizen-Nationality.html, “As defined by the INA, all U.S. citizens are U.S. nationals.”  I had sent in an affidavit stating that I am identifying as a national, not a citizen under the 14th Amendment, which they in the Department of State need if there is a special number or code related to the passport.

 

Please send me all information within my administrative file or inform me that one does not exist.  Thank you.

 

 

Sincerely,

 


[Name}

 c/o #### Street,

City, California

 

 

24 March 2022

 

                                                                                                    

Lori Hartman, Appeals Officer

Office of Information Programs and Services

US Department of State

2201 C Street, NW, Room B266,

Washington, DC 20520-0000

 

Re: #-###-###-###

 

Dear Lori Hartman:

You say that my request does not reasonably describe the records I seek.  Yes, I did. I requested all information in my administrative file with the Secretary of State.  I asked for all information, if an administrative file exists.  If no administrative file exists, I expected them to admit it.  I mentioned how I have been having a back and forth with Ms. McHugh and how I wanted each permanently and securely placed in my file.  I asked to see a copy of the affidavit of citizenship where I declared a status change, the correspondences with McHugh, and the envelope that I sent correspondence in, and any notes the Department of State may have made and placed there.  My affidavit was sent in with my passport application to this department. 

So, to place it here again for you in a manner that will be easier for you to see, I asked for:

·       if no file exists, state that no file exists

·       correspondence between Ms. McHugh and myself as I requested these letters be permanently and securely placed in my file

·       the envelope that I sent correspondence in since I use the Judicial District and wrote as Private, living man

·       the affidavit of citizenship evidence where I declared a status change to national

 

Please send me all information within my administrative file or inform me that one does not exist.  Thank you.  I have also reached out to the OGIS.

 

 

 

Sincerely,



Next letter:

[Name]

 c/o #### Street,

City, California

 

 

24 March 2022

 

                                                                                                    

OGIS

National Archives and Records Administration, Room 2510

8601 Adelphi Road,

College Park, MD 20740-6001

 

 

Re: #-###-###-###

 

Dear Officer:

Appeals Officer, Lori Hartman, said that my request to see what is in my administrative file with the Secretary of State does not reasonably describe the records I seek.  I did and I ask for your assistance, please.

 

I requested all information in my administrative file with the Secretary of State if an administrative file exists.  If no administrative file exists, I expected them to admit it. 

To place it here again, I asked for:

·       if no file exists, state that no file exists

·       correspondence between Ms. McHugh and myself as I requested these letters be permanently and securely placed in my file

·       the envelope that I sent correspondence in since I use the Judicial District and wrote as Private, living man

·       the affidavit of citizenship evidence where I declared a status change to National

 

Please send me all information within my administrative file or inform me that one does not exist.  Thank you.

 

 

 

Sincerely,




 

 

 


 [Name]                                                                                               LL 000 000 ### US

c/o #### Street

City, State

 

 

3 April 2022

 

 

Secretary of State Blinken

Department of State

2201 C Street NW,

Washington, DC 20520

 

 

Re: substantive law and evidence

 

 

Dear Secretary of State Blinken:

Please disaffirm the following facts using substantive law and evidence.

1)     After the Civil War, the Fourteenth Amendment was passed to protect the newly freed slaves giving them the political status of US Citizens.

2)     The passage of the Fourteenth Amendment did not affect or change existing political status of white citizens known as State Nationals and now known as US Nationals.

3)     I have the Right to choose which political status I want to be.

4)     The Department of State stole my money and refused to give me my passport and card and said I cannot be a National.

You have thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of this Notice to respond to me in notarized affidavit form with a man or woman signing the affidavit.  Failure to reply within thirty (30) calendar days to this Notice disaffirming the above statements means you acquiesce to their validity. As per number three, my status is as US National.

 

Sincerely yours,                                     ______________                                _______________

                                                                     Witness                                                    Witness

 

[Name]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment